Before you commit to a fixed ounce of water intake each day, you must know what the body’s fluid needs actually are. Science and extensive research suggest that a healthy person must consume atleast 125 ounces (men) and 90ounces (women) water a day. It is a common belief that your body will need water, you will feel thirsty. However, the truth is when you start to feel thirsty, your body is already 70% dehydrated and now demands water. Hence, to keep your body from dehydrating at any point in time, you must set a daily water intake goal. To be effective and stick to the set goal the acronym used is SMART, where SMART stands for specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.
If nothing else helps you, here are some useful tips that can help you increase your water intake everyday:
- Keep a reusable bottle or sipper for your everyday water intake. Keeping a dedicated bottle that you can refill throughout the day helps you keep a track on the water consumption, for ex. 250 ml water if you fill thrice a day it means you consumed 750ml water that day.
- Set reminders when you must drink water. There are apps that set an alarm to remind you when it is time for you to drink water.
- Replace drinks with water, for instance, ditch soda, sports drink, and energy drinks with water. This helps reduce intake of added sugar and gives you the much needed hydration with the water consumption.
- Drink clean water, if you don’t have an RO and are too lazy to boil the water then rely on the drinking water delivery apps that deliver packaged water bottle at your doorstep.
- Increase your water intake by making it a habit to add one glass of water before each meal.
- Ditch the boring water and add some flavor. It essentially means infused water, the healthiest way is to add some fruits, mint leaves, lemon, or other healthy seasonal fruit into your water. Let the ingredient lose its flavor in water. Consume this water throughout the day.
- Drink water before going to bed. Another important habit is drinking water before going to bed. Although, this varies from person to person.
- Keep sipping water throughout the day. Like you would do with a soda or a juice, do the same with water. Keep sipping little from the dedicated sipper bottle, let the goodness of water help you keep your body hydrated. You can order packaged drinking water if you don’t have easy access to drinking water that is safe for consumption.
To keep a healthy mind and body it is important that you keep your water consumption in track. If you don’t have safe water to drink in your reach then you can rely on some trusted online water delivery app like One’s Need that delivers bailley packaged drinking water to parts of Noida, Greater Noida, and Ghaziabad.